Tuesday, December 3, 2013

WoW Weekly: Responding to WoW Insider's Community Blog Topic


WoW Weekly is a biweekly-ish, self-absorbed look into the things I've been doing -- or not doing -- in the game. From auctioneering and pet battling to mount farming and raiding.

It has been quite some time since the last WoW Weekly, a normally brief post cataloging bits of what I've been up to lately in game. In fact, in the post prior to this I was prepping for Blizzcon! The whole event was incredible and I don't know where to even start when it comes to writing about that, so I won't start here. Truth is I wasn't really planning on writing an update post like this -- hell, I'd almost forgotten about it completely -- until I saw this week's WoW Insider Community Blog Topic: What are you doing between now and WoD?

Mainly, I'm pushing through Flex and getting into Normals with our small, casual guild. Since summer, we've been building up this 1-night raid group and it's going extremely well...and growing. Oh right -- what was a Thursday night raid group turned into an active, friendly guild. This week's invite list boasted 22 guildies and three friends of the guild. Granted, only 15 of them will probably show, but it's still a pretty great accomplishment for us.

We are hoping to get our initial glimpse at Flex-mode Garrosh by the time the responses to this community blog topic are published. Though we think we could be slightly ahead of where we're at on three hours per week (11 of 14), I'm personally thrilled: we've only had 10 raids since the Siege of Orgrimmar dropped. Admittedly, it's Flex, but it's allowed us to bring everyone (within reason), which has really been a boon to our guild/raid recruitment.

Anyway, I'm beginning to ramble but I'm seriously a champion of Flex mode and the direction they're taking that part of the game. But I'll generally shut up now and finish this how I always do. In game, I'm also:

  • Rejoicing over recently having completed the Frostbitten achievement. I've casually been after it since Wrath, though mobs in Zul Drak, Howling Fjord and Sholazar Basin proved to be rather elusive. Loque'nahak outlasted them all, but couldn't hide forever.
  • Still spending the gold cap, albeit it a bit more slowly than I was before. To date, I've spent over 300,000g, mostly on miscellaneous items and Unclaimed Containers.
  • Trying to knock out the Pandaria Quest- and Exploration-related achievements. I'm meaning to "complete" as much of this expansion as I can, including achievements, before Warlords of Draenor comes out. Obviously I have some time yet.
  • Chasing after the Ashes of Al'ar and have recently added two more level 90s to the weekly runs, which means I have seven toons killing Kael'thas each week (six, really, but I'm sure I'll figure out how to defeat the encounter on my prot pally soon enough).

What have you been up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment